Youth & Sports
INTRODUCTION OF SPORTS WING:
- The increased competition at international level has brought into sharp focus on talent identification and development.
- Sports performances have reached such high levels that only persons who have talent stand a chance of winning a medal in international competitions.
- They ensure better chances of success the inherited talent has to be developed further through systematic training spread over a number of years.
- The vision of the Government is to use sports as a mean for social reconstruction.
- The best period of development of talent is childhood, as a result, the systematic sports training in all sports must begin in childhood in order to fully exploit the growth and development period of creating a sound base for achieving high performances in a sport later period of life.
- The Government of Telangana has resolved that sports are an essential element in shaping human personality in maintaining a sound body and sound mind, in facilitating social interaction in fostering peace and brotherhood and nation-building.