Mines & Geology
Department Activites :-
- The Department of Mines and Geology is a Geological and Mineral Resources Administration wing of the State Government.
- The main functions are regulation of mineral activity viz., receipt, processing for grant of mineral concessions, extraction, transportation and curbing of illegal/unauthorized quarrying, mining and transportation of minerals in the District.
- As per the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Act 2015, the Department is collecting District Mineral Fund (DMF) from the leaseholders for the interest, benefit and sustainable development of areas affected by mining or mining related operations.
- The Department is also collecting State Mineral Exploration Fund (SMET) from the leaseholders for taking up identification, exploration and development of mineral resources in the State.
- Disseminating geological and mineral information of the mineral resources in the District to promote mineral based industries and overall development of mineral sector in the District.
|S.No||Name of the officer||Designation||Contact. No.||Email ID|
|1||K.Raghava Reddy||Assistant Directoremail@example.com|
Department Website: mines.telangana.gov.in