The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration Collector in the Cadre of IAS heads the District He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, scheduled areas/agency areas, general elections, arms licensing, etc
The Additional Collector runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The Additional Collector (Local Bodies) runs the administration of Municipalities and villages in the District he/she mainly deals with rural and urban development and the regulation of the panchayat raj and urban administrative systems.
The Administrative Officer in the rank of a Tahsildar is the general assistant to the Collector He directly supervises all the sections in the Collectorate and most of the files are routed through him.
The Collectorate is divided into 9 sections as per the administrative reforms are taken up by the Government of Telangana An alphabet letter is given to each section for easy reference.
Section A: Deals with Establishment of Tahsildars/Nayab Tahsildars/Senior Assistants.
- Transfers and Postings-Sanction of leaves-Performance Indicators.
- Establishment of Jr.Asst,/Typists/VROs/ & Lower cadre transfers & Postings.
- Compassionate appointments-Displaced persons Employment.
- Office Procedure- File disposal-Maintenance of Attendance-Turn duty-Leaves Account.
- Disciplinary cases of all Revenue employees.
- Property Statements.
- Maintenance of Collectorate Records Room.
- Maintenance of Computers.
Section B : Deals with Preparation of Pay bills
- Fixation of pensions & Gratuity.
- GPF,LIF,GIS Loans & Advances.
- Budget-Reconciliation-Number Statement.
- Medical Reimbursement-LTC-Income Tax.
- Accounts And Cash Book.
- Audit & Audit Paras.
Section C : Deals with Law & Order
- Atrocities against SCs/STs & POA/PCR Act.
- Cinematography Act.
- Christian Marriage Licenses.
- Freedom Fighters Pension-SSSP.
- Verification of cast Certificates.
- Verification of Character & Antecedents.
- District level Screening Committee.
- Governments Exams.
- Law Officers.
- State Functions.
- Elections-Photo Electoral Roll.
- Arms Act.
- Petroleum Product Act.
- Explosives Act.
- Mines & Minerals.
Section D : Deals with Village Accounts
- Jama bandi.
- Record Of Rights & ROR Appeals.
- Irrigation (Major & Minor).
- Water Users.
- Suicidal Deaths.
- Prime Ministers Relief.
- Land Revenue.
- NALA Collections.
- Revenue Recovery Act.
- Apath Bandhu.
- Gruha Raksha-Housing Collapses.
- Sessonal Conditions.
- Natural Calamities & Relief.
- Drinking Water.
- Help Line.
- Mee Seva-LRMIS-FMS-Computerization of Land Records.
Section E : Deals with Assignment of Govt Land
- Alienation of Govt Land.
- Transfer of Govt Lands.
- Land Encroachment.
- Koneru Rangarao Committee.
- Evacue Property.
Section F : Deals with Tenancy & Inam Appeals
- Endownments & Dist Gazetts
- Grant-in-Aid for Masjids and Eedgas
- Stamps and Registration Act.
Section G : Deals with General Land Acquisition
- Land Acquisition for House Sites.
Section H : Deals with Visits of VIPs
- Govt Vehicles and Govt Buildings.
- Chief Ministers Relief Fund.